Robert Havey, MD
- Clinical Professor of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Vice President, Operations, Northwestern Medical Group
- Clinical Medical Director, Northwestern Specialty and Primary Care
- Director, The Global Health Initiative, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Deputy Director, Institute for Global Health, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Institute for Global Health
Dr. Robert Havey is the deputy director of the Robert J. Havey, MD Institute for Global Health, director and founder of the Global Health Initiative Fund and clinical professor of Medicine at Feinberg School of Medicine. Dr. Havey has been in practice in the Chicagoland area for over 35 years, and is currently the Clinical Medical Director for Northwestern Specialty and Primary Care, and the Vice President of Operations for Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
A pandemic anywhere has transference possibilities everywhere.
Dr. Havey has led the NU commitment to professional training in global health. The Feinberg School of Medicine, thru the Institute of Global Health has long focused on medical student travel to underserved areas. Today, NU, is the number one US medical school for global health rotations. The Institute for Global Health is now organized into eight centers and two programs. They are infectious disease, cardiovascular health, oncology, health education, surgery, health policy, genomics and microbial evolution, innovations in technology, neurology, and primary care.