Omar K. Farha
- Charles E. and Emma H. Morrison Professor in Chemistry
- International Institute for Nanotechnology
- Director of Graduate Admissions
- Professor of Chemical and Biological Engineering (Courtesy Appointment)
- Associate Editor of ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
Prof. Omar K. Farha’s research seeks to solve exciting problems in chemistry and materials science ranging from energy and environment related applications to challenges in national defense by employing atomically precise functional materials. By exploiting the modular nature of metal–organic frameworks (MOFs) and porous organic polymers (POPs), we work to fundamentally understand the role of three-dimensional architecture in modifying a material’s function for applications in gas storage and separation, catalysis, water remediation and detoxification of chemical warfare agent simulants.